Casa Bobô Eco-Pousada, Boipeba, Bahia
"Small rustic chic eco guesthouse in the hills above Moreré beach with breathtaking views"
Casa Bobô is a small 3 bungalow guesthouse located in the hills just above the small beach village of Morerê on the tropical island of Boipeba, Bahia. Run by Catalan/Brazilian owners Myriam and Nilton the pousada was built by local artisans entirely using natural materials in keeping with local traditions and bungalows are designed to blend into their surroundings, maximising light and spectacular ocean views.
What we particularly like?
* the beautiful location, up in the hills but only 20 minutes' walk from beach bars and restaurants of Morerê
* personal service of Myriam and Nilton who'll do everything to make your stay on Boipeba an incredible experience
*Fabulous breakfasts and dinners prepared by Nilton using organic produce and freshly caught seafood
*Chilling out with drinks from the honesty bar listening to excellent music overlooking the sea
*Lying in bed listening to the birds and watching the sunrise
1) It's easy to get around Boipeba once you know how things work but it's not that easy to arrange your own onward transport to Casa Bobô if it's your first time!. Best to plan your arrival on the island during daylight hours and contact Myriam in advance so she can organise your transfer to the pousada by tractor .Time (including walk to tractor stand) approx 30minutes.
2) A different and slightly quicker option is to ask Myriam to organise a motorbike taxi (moto taxi). However this only works if you are travelling very light with just a backpack.
|Nearest Airport:||Salvador - 200 kms|
|Trip Style:||Yoga + Spa, Nature + Wildlife, Honeymoon + Romance, Eco-tourism, Beach|
3 bedrooms: bungalows
wi-fi, terrace, supports sustainable tourism, supports community projects, spectacular views, restaurant, meditation, massage, local information, laundry, honeymoon package, honesty bar, hammocks, guided tours, bi-lingual reception, bar
|Language(s):||Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, English|
|Recommended attractions:||yoga, whale watching, weddings, walking, swimming, surfing, stand-up paddle, snorkelling, massage, local handicrafts, kitesurfing, kayaking, indigenous culture, horseriding, hiking, flora & fauna, fishing, churches, boat trips, birding|
|Ideal for:||solo travellers, friends sharing, couples|
|Cards Accepted:||Paypal, Cash, Bank Transfer|
|Telephone:||+55 75 99305757|
|Pousada Guest Book:||
Note: Where pousadas are off the beaten track, Google maps only show the nearest town, and are not an accurate guide to location.
Alison's pousada review
Casa Bobô is the epitome of a hidden pousada both in terms of location, style and spirit. The creation of Catalan/Brazilian couple Myriam and Nilton, this is a place built with love, an eco-friendly pousada which effortly combines beautiful design, spectacular views and excellent food with the personal attention of the owners; a place where you immediately feel at home.
The 3 bungalows were built by local artisans entirely using natural materials in keeping with local traditions and all were designed to blend into their surroundings maximising light and ocean views (including from the showers). Wi-fi isn't always going to work here so you may have to get used to doing without for the duration of your stay. In its place you have books and magazines, freshly picked flowers and organic soaps, a deck with hammocks and a veranda. If this weren't enough, down the steps there are more chillout lounging areas with fabulous homemade food on offer and an honesty bar stocked with beer and wine.
You're up in the hills here and there is no public transport except the tractor which passes irregularly. But Myriam can organise any number of trips out and you can always walk down the hill to Moreré village (15 minutes) to sample the restaurants and local life there. That's without mentioning all the pristine deserted palm tree fringed beaches to check out nearby, for which Boipeba is famous.
As for me just being able to turn off completely, in total comfort and tranquility, surrounded by Atlantic rainforest, looking out over the sea is magic. Casa Bobô is definitely one of my most favourite hidden pousadas and I'll be back for more for sure.
Boipeba is a jewel of an island located off the coast of Valença in Bahia and just to the south of the island of Tinharé where Morro de São Paulo is situated. Boipeba is the main village, and the island is predominantly just miles and miles of deserted unspoilt sandy beaches with fishing villages where you can stop for a beer or coconut water and often freshly caught fish and seafood. Now there are also more bars and restauants.
Casa Bobô is located in Monte Alegre near Moreré, a 2 hour walk along the beach at low tide or a half hour boat or tractor ride away.
- walk through the mangroves to Castelhanos Beach (a chance to see turtles)
- native Bahian lunch at Barraca 'Paraiso' or 'Tassimirim' in Moreré
- dinner at Casa Bobô
- horesriding on Bainema beach
- treks though the Atlantic Rainforest
- tranquility and privacy and amazing views
- Wonderful warm service from hosts Myriam & Nilton
- 3 bungalows with beautiful style and attention to detail
- Fantastic home-made organic cuisine prepared with local produce
|Try a different place if...
If you don't like being surrounded by nature or being off the beaten track.